We Are Hiring
WE ARE HIRING !!!
EWE and me…is hiring a sales associate (aka yarnista) to begin training at the end of August, 2018. Applicant must be able to work at least two weekday shifts as well as Saturdays and/or Sundays. Position will require 2-4 shifts per week. We ask that you be able to commit to at least one year.
EWE is a small, independent family-owned business which offers a fun, inspiring, creative and collaborative atmosphere.
To provide exceptional customer service and ensure that each customer knows that they are a resepcted member of the unique EWE and me community.
Our yarnistas are responsible for:
- checking out customers and maintaining customer data in the point of sale system,
- assisting customers in the selection of yarn, projects, books and tools,
- answering knit and crochet related questions and fixing knit and crochet mistakes,
- receiving and labeling new inventory and counting/adjusting current inventory levels,
- assisting with merchandising of inventory,
- restocking shelves - yarn, needles, and notions,
- maintaining tidiness and cleanliness of store.
APPLICANT MUST HAVE:
- previous retail or customer service experience,
- a warm and welcoming demeanor,
- ability to multitask and complete a number of small proiects while also assisting customers with yarn selection and knit and crochet help,
- knowledge of both knit and crochet,
- experienced Ravelry user,
- ability to assist with pattern reading and correcting mistakes,
- knowledge of yarn gauge, fibre characteristics and pattern terminology,
- previous exprience with database is a plus,
- able to work quickly and accurately in our point of sale system,
- ability to work on major holidays (i.e. day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Day), and
- spinning and weaving experience a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org